Thursday, February 12, 2009

The One Thing I'm Missing

While I was working and commuting over two hours a day, I came across a local radio station that plays Christian music from the 70s, 80s, and 90s--the stuff I grew up with. It also has lots of programs with preaching and teaching--even some of the ones I heard growing up as well. The programs in the morning encouraged me as I prepared to face a new day, and the songs in the afternoon really uplifted me after numerous problems from the workday.

Now that I'm home and not commuting those two-plus hours most days of the week, I really miss my station. I've tried but can't get it in the house. So whenever I run errands, you know what I'm listening to. I think this radio station is the one thing that God used to carry me through some very rough moments.

And while I really miss the commute and my station, I have a great reason to be grateful for these days at home...

Cand trebuia sa conduc mai mult de doua ore la munca si acasa in fiecare zi, am gasit un post la radio care are muzica crestina din anii 70, 80, si 90 pe care o ascultam cand eram mai mica. Are si multe programe cu predici. Programele m-a incurajat dimineata can ma pregateam sa incep o zi noua si dupa-amiaza cand ma intorceam dupa o zi grea.

De cand nu mai merg doua ore-si la in fiecare zi, mi-e dor de postul meu la radio. Nu merge la noi in casa. Il ascult in masina oricand se poate. Cred ca a fost ceva pe care Dumnezeu l-a facut sa ma ajute in fiecare zi sa merg inainte.

Si oricum, am un motiv bun pt. care sa ma bucur si sa fiu recunoscatoare ca pot sa stau acasa...


No comments: