Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oh the Fighting

I had thought that Evi and Samuel would come to appreciate each other more once school started again and Evi was gone all day. But for some reason, I was very wrong. It may just be the age difference and that Evi is noticing it more now that she spends most of her day with her peers. Anyway, since school has started two weeks ago or so, Evi and Samuel have been at each other's throats. It is much worse on the weekends, too, and that is why it's on my mind more today. This is the stuff I pictured when I thought about Evi getting older and Samuel one day becoming her "annoying" little brother, no longer the brother she would pick up and drag around the house with her and squeeze and say, "I love my little brother so much!" I think those days are gone!

Am crezut ca Evi si Samuel o sa se aprecieze unul pe altul mai mult dupa ce incepe scoala din nou si Evi trebuie sa fie plecata toata ziua. Nu stiu de ce, dar n-am avut dreptate. Poate este din cauza ca este o diferenta de patru ani intre ei si ca Evi isi da seama ca este diferenta asta acum cat petrece mai mult timp cu colegii ei la scoala. Oricum, de cand a inceput scoala acum cateva saptamani, Evi si Samuel se cearta si se lupta foarte mult--mai ales in weekend, si de asta ma gandesc la asta azi. Mi-am imaginat asta cand ma gandeam la Evi si cat de repede creste--ma gandeam ca intr-o zi Samuel o sa devina fratiorul ei care-l deranjeaza si care-l enerveaza tot timpul. Cred ca a ajuns ziua aia! El nu mai este fratiorul pe care-l cara prin casa si despre care spune, "Il iubesc pe fratiorul meu atat mult!"

Evi and Samuel having a tea party a year and a half ago
Vedeti cum se joaca Evi si Samuel acum un an jumate

No comments: